26 October 2009

Road map to version 0.3.0-0.5.0

Okay, work on the battle generator is going well. I had to do some editing (my sprite sheet didn't have any of the infantry units!), but I finally have a good sheet for the unit animations in battle.

So, tonight, I figured I just write a brief entry on the next few releases of War Machine, which hopefully will run from now until mid-November, hopefully before Thanksgiving (and once that happens, my work schedule will get a lot more hectic, so I will make limited headway until the new year).

Version 0.2.x - Battle Code
Version 0.3.x - Code Rewrite and Optimization
Version 0.4.x - Net Code

I have a new member to the team. He goes by the handle of Knife and Dagger. From what I've seen, he knows his stuff about coding, so he will be immensely helpful in the rewrite. (He took a look at the code earlier, and he was shocked by its unruliness....oh man.)

I want to get Net Code done by Thanksgiving because what that allows is for people to start testing en masse (or at least on a bigger scale than the three people playing it now!). And that will give me time to hear about the bugs and such during my limited time during the Holiday shopping season.

I should be able to have the new version out by this weekend. Stay tuned!

1 comment: